Message from the U. S. Marshal:

Please be advised that the possession and use of cellular telephones, laptop computers and similar electronic devices are prohibited in the Federal Courthouse.

To assist U. S. Marshal Service personnel in reducing the amount of time it takes to go through our security screening process, please secure your cell phones, laptops, and similar electronic devices before entering the Courthouse.




Welcome to the Middle District of Alabama

Section 302 (d)(3)(I) of the Bankruptcy Judges, United States Trustees, and Family Farmer Bankruptcy Act of 1986, Pub. L. 99-554, 100 Stat. 3119, 3123, provides the statutory authority for the Judicial Conference of the United States to establish the bankruptcy administrator program. Generally, bankruptcy administrators establish, maintain and supervise a panel of private trustees to serve as trustees in cases under title 11 of the United States Code and supervise the administration of cases and trustees in cases under chapters 7, 11, 12, 13 and 15 of title 11.

Bankruptcy administrators have standing to raise, and appear and be heard on, any issues in any case under title 11. The bankruptcy administrator in performing the duties and exercising the authority conferred by statute and regulations, serves as an independent, non-judicial officer of the Judiciary.

The bankruptcy administrator acts in the public interest and actively seeks to prevent, through monitoring and reporting, abuses in the bankruptcy system. Suspected criminal activity is coordinated with and referred to other government agencies, including the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The bankruptcy administrator and staff are not permitted to give legal advice or council. Please consult an attorney if you have questions. If you need assistance in selecting an attorney, contact the Alabama State Bar.

Bankruptcy case records are maintained in electronic format by the Clerk of the U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Alabama. For information regarding a bankruptcy case, contact the Clerk of Court.