11 U.S.C §521(e)(2) requires debtors to provide to the trustee a Federal Tax Return.
1. The tax return (or transcript) should be for the most recent tax year ending immediately prior to the commencement of the case.
2. Federal Tax Return must be submitted not later than 7 days before the date first set for the §341 meeting.
3. Failure to comply with this requirement requires dismissal of the case, unless the debtor demonstrates that failure to comply is due to circumstances beyond the debtor's control.
4. Before submitting tax returns, you MUST redact social security numbers, dates of birth and children's names.
5. Submit in PDF format, via the trustee's document delivery portal, to the trustee appointed in the debtor(s) case. DO NOT send tax returns to trustees in paper format.
Chapter 7 cases: https://documentdelivery.axosfs.com
Chapter 13 cases: https://13documents.com
Debtors who are not represented by counsel must email a copy of their tax returns as follows:
Dothan Chapter 7 Cases
William C. Carn, III
|Montgomery Chapter 7 Cases||Carly B. Wilkinsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Opelika Chapter 7 Cases assigned to Carly WIlkins
Carly B. Wilkins
|Opelika Chapter 7 Cases assigned to Brian Walding||Brian Waldingemail@example.com|
|ALL Chapter 13 Cases||Sabrina L. McKinneyfirstname.lastname@example.org|